Park Model Homes In Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler, AZ and Valley Wide
The Rise Of Small Living
Homeownership in the United States has been experiencing a revolution in the past decade—the rise of “small” living. While mobile homes and trailer parks have been around since the 1950s, modern designs of manufactured homes have evolved spectacularly over the years to now offering buyers the beauty, elegance, and functionality of their own quality, custom-built home combined with a more affordable price tag, smaller carbon footprint, lower maintenance costs, and the highly desirable potential for mobility.
These tiny houses are typically under 400 square feet and are commonly referred to as Park Model Homes.
Park Model Home Pros And Cons
The Park Model Home lifestyle is an attractive concept for many reasons:
- Park Model Homes are often single-story or have minimal stairs to contend with, thus making accessibility easy.
- They may be placed on your own purchased property (subject to zoning laws).
- They are often located in specially designed park home communities where you can enjoy the structured social services, activities, security, and conveniences of park life. (Many of those parks are designed with seniors in mind and cater to their special needs.)
- They can be customized to include the special features you want or need, such as handicap accommodations.
- They are less costly to purchase as well as maintain.
- Taxes are generally lower.
- They are especially great for retirement when you no longer need or want a larger home.
- They can be moved from one location to another.
- Are an affordable option for a 2nd or vacation home.
Naturally, there are some cons as well:
- You cannot obtain a traditional mortgage on a Park Model Home.
- Park Model Homes typically do not increase in value over time.
- Regular maintenance is required to keep them in optimal condition.
The Heating And Cooling Requirements of Park Homes
And speaking of heating Repair Mesa, when it comes to heating and cooling, these tiny houses come with their own particular challenges. They can be more difficult to cool and heat and may require more upkeep to keep them functioning properly. Today, most park home models are built to comply with the RV industry code and are often manufactured in the same factories that produce other manufactured homes.
Heating and cooling units for park homes are typically the same brands offered for traditional homes but with special modifications to make them more adapted to that smaller size (i.e., 2.5-to-3.0-ton units). Popular furnaces for park homes include gas, oil, and electric versions. These often use “sealed combustion” ventilation systems that are much safer for smaller homes than larger conventional systems. Of course, if you live in a sweltering climate like Arizona, you might be more concerned about your cooling needs. Some of the best air conditioning options include central air units, packaged systems, and ductless mini-split systems.
The Reliable Services Of Norris Air
But no matter what your heating and cooling needs are, Norris Air is here to help for heating repair Chandler AZ. We are pioneering experts at dealing with the HVAC requirements of small park homes and offer sales, service, repairs, and maintenance to keep your components in optimal working condition. So, give us a call today and let Norris keep you cool and comfortable.